Friday, January 29, 2010

Purity of Heart

Monastics strive to cultivate purity of heart to allow the Spirit of the LORD to descend and capture us silently, allowing His love to cover us as a vapor, sanctifying our humanity with His presence. It is a moment of pure joy and woundedness both, as we are slayed by the light that envelops us. O to be in this state always! But for most of us, the path to purity of heart resides in one thing. To love God with all our heart and all our mind and all our self and to love our neighbor as ourselves. May we always love...

Unmoving
by Lynn O’Gorman Latchford

Can I move out of your path
and never lose
this core of love?

Can I welcome you back
in my life
away from this place,
and hold still – not holding you?

Can I remain in the silence
of my soul
and let go into the vastness?

Can you step into my love
And not move away?

Can you stand there
with fingers reaching
and touch a soul on fire?

Can you wait in the stillness
and accept
a gift freely given?

I am lost in this place of love,
unmoving.

No comments:

Post a Comment